Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Leadership as an Art

As 2008 draws to a close and I reflect on the state of leadership both close to my world and around the world, I am searching out for things that work from thought leaders.

This quote stood out to me as I googled my way around searching for answers to life and business.

"If leadership is an art, then leaders are the artists, organizations are the easel, people are the canvas, ideas are the pigment, values are the frame, and vision is the thing that's hung up at the gallery--the final outcome that's so magical it tempts the audience to forget the messy process by which the result is fashioned, and lures them into a state of awe." ~ Walter Stevenson

Let us all search for the "artists" that are around us and be part of their "vision" as it benefits the world.

Peace and love

Johnny Powers

No comments: